Buying a home in Northern Virginia is both thrilling and a bit unnerving, especially if you’re a first-time home buyer. Both experienced home buyers and first-time buyers alike can benefit from the frequently asked questions below.
Q – I’ve never purchased a home before. Where should I begin?
A – Actually, you’ve already started the process. Fact-finding and reading articles is a great way to become a smart consumer. The highest priorities to focus on before you begin searching for specific areas, neighborhoods, or homes would be to:
- Familiarize yourself with your personal finances.
- Learn about the current real estate market here in Northern Virginia.
- Carefully review your budget and begin to eliminate as much debt as possible.
- Have a down payment and earnest money ready when the time comes to act and make your offer.
- Your next step is to contact us. As your home buying specialists, we’ll protect your interests and manage the details on your behalf. For more experienced buyers, a little brush up on the real estate process wouldn’t be a bad idea. Of course, you’ll need a really sharp Arlington County real estate team to protect your interests too!
Q – With all the bad news about mortgage products and home foreclosures, how do I avoid making a big mistake when deciding which type of loan to select?
A – Once we meet and review your finances along with your home buying needs, you should select a lending consultant. We can recommend several trusted lending professionals or you can choose your own. Having upmost confidence in your lender is important. Be sure you feel completely at ease with them. They should speak to you in easy to understand terms. Ask lots of questions and never sign any document until you know what you are signing and feel completely at ease signing it. More and more lending professionals are recommending fixed interest rate loans and interest rates are still very attractive. Of course, the type of loan best for you depends on several factors. Here are just a few:
- How much money do you have for a down payment?
- How long do you plan to live in the home?
- Do you qualify for a FHA or VA loan?
Let’s Get Started!
Are you ready to schedule your home buying consultation? If so, contact us today and together we will review your needs and your budget to help you find the right home for you here in Northern Virginia!
Got A Question? Fill out the form below and I’ll get back to you!